Winner of the 2014 IFFA Audience Award
Thank you, Australia, for all of your support throughout 2014, and going forward into the new year. We look forward to bringing you the very best of contemporary Iranian cinema in 2015! We'd just like to take this opportunity to announce the Audience Award winner for 2014, the winner of this year's NETPAC Award and wish you all the best for the new year ahead!
After tallying up the votes from all around Australia, the final outcome resulted in two films tying for the award!
Reza Dormishian's I'm Not Angry! and Maziar Miri's The Painting Pool have taken out the Audience Choice Award for 2014! The former, a tragic love story, and latter, a heart-wrenching family drama, both scored a 4.3 out of 5 from audiences. Snow, directed by Mehdi Rahmani, was close behind with a 4.1 out of 5.
Thank you to all of those who voted in this years Audience Choice Award.
Winner of the 2014 NETPAC Award
The NETPAC Award winner for 2014 was Fish & Cat, directed by Shahram Mokri.
The film dazzled the jury with its technical prowess and innovation. The film is shot entirely in one take, and includes some impressive performances and cinematography. The award was presented to the film's distributor, Mohammad Atebbai, at the opening night in Brisbane.
- "Sepideh Reaching for the Stars" at ACMI
- Winner of the 2014 IFFA Audience Award and NETPAC Award
- Proud Sponsors
- Urban Cinefile - Films from '13' to 'P'
- IFFA Opens!!
- Opening & Closing Night Films Announced + Canberra Dates!
- The Past opens nationally February 6th!
- Community Film Screenings from APSA at GoMA
- IFFA 2013 Media Release wrap up
- Payman Maadi revels in his home country's cinema as well as good Hollywood roles
- Competition finalised for 7th Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- Changing focus exposes middle-class issues in Iranian film festival
- Iranian Film Festival Review: Parviz
- Cristiana Palmieri from FRED (the festival insider), interviews IFFA directors
- NETPAC Australia
- Iranian director takes controversial film to Australia
- The young festival is doing its part...
- Payman Maadi on directing films in Iran
- Payman Maadi's Snow On Pines
- Iranian auteur's passion project
- Brisbane announcement!! Payman Maadi Q&A with Festival Directors today in cinema! FREE
- Iran's cinema resurgence
- Iranian classic; Downpour (1972) debut feature of Bahram Beyza’i
- Last week we received some hopeful news from one of our Iranian industry colleagues